Victorian church, with wooden vaulted ceiling. Built in five phases from 1882-1925, and consecrated in 1887. During World War II it was extensively damaged and Bishop's House was destroyed by a bomb. All stained glass windows, except rose window over the organ, were either damaged or destroyed, and were repaired or replaced. The sanctuary walls, where the High Altar was positioned, were covered by paintings by Nathanel Westlake. These were also damaged and in 1972 were painted out. In 1906 the High Altar was moved forward and placed under an elaborate baldacchino.